Expert Bio: Born to travel, I take after my father, who was a pilot for National Airlines. My educational experience includes Yulee/Fernandina Beach High School, Miami Palmetto High School and Stetson University. While at Stetson, I studied at the University of Madrid for one year and traveled extensively through Spain, Europe and Morocco. After graduating from Stetson University, Pan American World Airways provided travel and excitement for three years and I met my husband Jim R.I.P.(in sales with Pan Am) at the Miami Airport in 1972. As a couple we moved to Amelia Island in 1974, and founded The Travel Agency. Having weathered and wandered 40 years in the travel industry, I now carry the title of President of First Coast Tours, Inc. and Wallace Pierson Travel. One of my corporate highlights comes from being invited for three consecutive years (2008, 2009 and 2010) to join Regent Seven Seas Council as one of their top producers. Another first for 2009, was my participation as the TCS Expeditions Private Jet Specialist. From 2008 to 2010, I was involved in a Virtuoso focus group and Agent to the Advisor Leadership Group, studying and developing a transition of the travel agency front line from agents and consultants to true, trusted travel advisors.
“Road” Trip Highlights
• I traveled to Mexico City and fell in love with the real Mexico all over again. Highlights of the visit included meeting el Presidente of Mexico, Felipe Calderon, and visiting magnificent archeological sites.
• Another magnificent trip included time spent at Paws Up in Montana white water rafting, ATV-ing, horseback riding and much much more! (It was an action packed adventure!)
• No doubt that Antartica with Lindblad Expeditions remains my favorite trip of a lifetime to date! Next on my list of all time favorite trips are
• cruising aboard Crystal’s Symphony,
• Regent Seven Seas Mariner and Navigator,
• Seabourn’s newest Odyssey and SeaDream I.
I have also much enjoyed both Canyon Ranch and Miraval Spas and along with my daughter Angela (Pierson), we escorted two All Women Whitewater Rafting trips in Idaho and experienced cruising the Galapagos with Lindblad.
Adventure travel has become my personal favorite way to experience the world and for those who harbor any doubts I have the message that the “explora” lodges in Chile took nothing away from the thrill of my exploration. I stayed at both the Atacama and Patagonia properties and am looking forward to adding the new Easter Island experience soon!
A recent trip included a brief visit to the new Canyon Ranch Hotel on North Miami Beach. Another upcoming trip includes a 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard Regent’s Navigator and I will let you know what to expect.
In 2013 alone I visited Papua New Guinea on Orion, the Canadian Rockie with Rocky Mountaineer and took Micato Safari’s Kenya Safari (read my stories).
And in January of 2014 I took a small group of women on the track to the migrating Monarch Butterflies in the Mexican mountains west of Mexico City.
Check out my VIRTUOSO PROFILE
I can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org and you can follow me on • Facebook • Twitter
Places I’ve been
Click on the map for more details